Cheesy Tomato and Spinach Farfalle With Chorizo Sausage
The sharpness and smoky flavours from Cracker Barrel Signature Smoked Aged & Medium Shredded Cheese are the perfect compliment to this farfalle pasta bake featuring chorizo sausage, tomatoes and spinach…all brought together with cheesy goodness!
- 2 cups (500 mL) from Cracker Barrel Signature Smoked Aged & Medium Shredded Cheese
- 12 oz (340 g) farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced garlic
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced chorizo sausage
- 2 cups (500 mL) tri-colour cocktail tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups (400 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat and sauté the minced garlic, red onion and sliced chorizo sausage until lightly browned.
- In a baking pan, combine the pasta, and chorizo sausage mixture, whole cocktail tomatoes, baby spinach, tomato sauce, freshly chopped herbs, and 1 cup of from Cracker Barrel Signature Smoked Aged & Medium Shredded Cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and top with remaining cup of cheese and bake uncovered for 5 more minutes or until cheese has reached the desired amount of melting and browning.