- 8 slices baguette, cut on bias into 1/4-inch-thick (0.5 cm) slices
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 8 Cracker Barrel Smoked Cheddar Snacks
- 8 slices smoked prosciutto
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 16 slices
- 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Arrange baguette slices on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Brush with oil.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until golden brown and toasted.
- Cut Cheddar snacks lengthwise.
- Top each crostini with prosciutto, Cheddar and apple. Drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with pecans and thyme.
Substitute apple with pear, peach or plums depending on the season.
Substitute pecans with walnut or almonds.
If preferred, use Honeycrisp apples, which have a sweeter flavour.