Beef and Avocado Enchiladas with Mexiqueso Sauce
Elevate your enchiladas with Cracker Barrel® Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce Kit! The zesty and authentic flavours in Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce take your enchiladas experience to a whole new level of delicious!
- 1 package Cracker Barrel® Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce – prepared as per package directions
- 2 ½ tbsp (37.5 mL) Lactancia (salted or unsalted butter)
- 1 ½ cup (350 mL) Lactancia milk
- 1 lb (500g) ground beef
- 8 6” soft corn or wheat tortillas
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15mL) cooking oil
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) enchilada sauce
- 1 4.5 oz (127g) canned chopped green chiles
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add onions and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add ground beef and mix with the onions thoroughly. Stir and break apart the ground beef mixture for 5-7 minutes. When ground beef is thoroughly cooked, drain and add ½ cup (125 mL) of enchilada sauce and chiles. Mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F (190° C). Spread 1 cup (250 mL) of enchilada sauce in a 9” x 13” non-stick baking pan. Place individual tortillas on a work surface, and divide beef mixture evenly down the centre of each tortilla. Layer slices of avocado on top of the beef, and wrap each tortilla around the filling and place into the baking pan. Cover with the remaining enchilada sauce. Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- While enchiladas are baking, prepare Cracker Barrel® Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce as per directions. Cover with lid, and set aside. When enchiladas are finished baking, remove from oven and top with Cracker Barrel® Mexiqueso Cheese Sauce and fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with a side of sour cream or salsa.