Cheesy Creole Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine
Elevate any meal into an indulgent occasion with the addition of Cracker Barrel Signature shreds. The flavours in this southern-inspired dish have a new twist of excitement with the addition of Cracker Barrel Signature Smoked Aged & Medium Shredded Cheese.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Cracker Barrel Signature Smoked Aged & Medium Shredded Cheese
- 1 pkg (375g) Spinach Fettuccine
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 tsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup (250 mL), ¼” sliced okra
- ½ cup (125 mL) cooked frozen large shrimp, thawed
- ½ cup (125 mL) cooked spicy sausage, cut into rounds
- ½ cup (125 mL) cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce or crushed tomato
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook spinach fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a 9” x 12” baking dish.
- Sauté diced onion in butter on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add olive oil, minced garlic, red and green pepper strips and okra. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning and continue to sauté for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove vegetables from pan and add to baking dish.
- Add olive oil to pan, and sauté shrimp, sausage rounds and chicken chunks for 2 minutes on medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, oregano and tomato sauce. Continue to stir for 2 more minutes. Pour meat mixture into the baking dish and blend all ingredients well.
- Sprinkle entire surface with Cracker Barrel Signature Smoked Aged & Medium Shredded Cheese, cover with foil and place in a 400°F (200°C) pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. If desired, remove foil and broil for 1-3 minutes until cheese reaches desired amount of browning.