Easy Macaroni and Cheese Pie
This Macaroni and Cheese Pie recipe is perfect for entertaining. It slices like a pie and pairs well with a crisp green salad for a deliciously satisfying lunch. Your guests will be nothing but impressed!
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups Cracker Barrel Shredded 4 Cheese Italiano Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Cracker Barrel Shredded Mozza-Cheddar Cheese
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COOK macaroni as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir 1 min. Add milk; cook 5 min., stirring constantly. Simmer on low heat 5 min., stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in Italiano shredded cheese and spices.
- DRAIN macaroni. Add to cheese sauce; toss to coat. Spoon into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- BAKE 20 min. or until set and golden brown. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.
Macaroni and cheese must be cooled slightly in order to slice like a pie.