Mushroom, Artichoke and Bacon Pizza
This pesto pizza is super-cheesy and delivers lots of bold flavour in every bite.
- 1/2 lb (250 g) pizza dough
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Cracker Barrel Shreds – Mozza Cheddar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jar (170 g) artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 4 slices bacon, par-cooked and chopped
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Pinch red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C). On work surface, roll out dough into 12-inch (30 cm) round, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick. Place on lightly floured 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan.
- Spread pesto over pizza crust, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border around edge. Sprinkle with 1 cup (250 mL) of cheese.
- Toss together sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, artichokes, mushrooms and bacon; sprinkle evenly over pizza. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
If preferred, substitute ham, salami or prosciutto for bacon.