Taco Salad Power Bowl
Stuffed with lots of Cheddar cheese and veggies, this chicken is easy to prepare and tastes as good as it looks.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Cracker Barrel Tex Mex Shred Light
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- 4 tsp (20 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) packed baby kale
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked quinoa
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Whisk together oil, lime juice, honey, mustard, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Divide kale among 4 shallow bowls. Top with chicken, quinoa, pinto beans, avocado, grape tomatoes, cheese, red onion and jalapeño. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Substitute spinach or your favourite power salad mix for kale if desired.