- 1 package Cracker Barrel® 4 Cheese Italiano Cheese Sauce – prepared as per package directions
- 2 ½ tbsp (37.5 mL) Lactancia (salted or unsalted butter)
- 1 ½ cup (350 mL) Lactancia milk
- 8 oz (225 g) fusilli, cooked as per package instructions
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, largely diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh oregano , finely chopped (or dry)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh thyme, finely chopped (or dry)
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh spinach, stems removed, chopped
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta as per package directions.
- Prepare Cracker Barrel® 4 Cheese Italiano Cheese Sauce as per package instructions and set aside and cover with lid to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat and add garlic and shallot. Stir for 2 minutes to distribute flavours of the garlic and shallot into the oil. Add tomatoes, oregano and thyme, and stir for 2 more minutes. Add spinach and stir for approximately 1 minute until the spinach is wilted.
- Combine the tomato and spinach mixture with the pasta, including any remaining oil in the skillet. Gently toss together. Divide pasta into 4 bowls and pour on the Cracker Barrel® 4 Cheese Italiano Cheese Sauce and enjoy!