- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Cracker Barrel® Old Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 2% milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blueberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter using pastry blender or fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese, tossing until well combined.
- Using fork, stir milk into flour mixture to form shaggy dough. Knead for 3 to 5 times until dough comes together; do not overwork.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured work surface; pat into rectangle shape, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Cut into 6 uniform rectangles. Place rectangles, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks start to form. Toss together strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and maple syrup.
- Cut each shortcake in half lengthwise. For each serving, place bottom half of shortcake on dessert plate. Top with 1/3 cup (75 mL) berry mixture and 1/3 cup (75 mL) whipped cream. Cap with top half of shortcake. Serve immediately.
Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme to biscuits if desired.