Cheesy Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
This Tex-Mex quesadilla delivers crowd-pleasing flavours that everyone will love.
- 3 cups (750 mL) Cracker Barrel Tex Mex Shreds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inch/25 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) guacamole
- Heat half of the oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in chicken, tomato sauce and chipotle; bring to boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is heated through and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over half of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Fold each tortilla over to enclose filling.
- Brush 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large skillet set over medium heat. Cook quesadillas, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese melts, adding remaining oil as needed.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve with sour cream and guacamole for dipping.
Alternatively, cook quesadillas in panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions.