- 1 package Cracker Barrel® 4 Cheese Italiano Cheese Sauce – prepared as per package directions
- tbsp (15 mL) Lactancia (salted or unsalted butter)
- 1 ½ cup (350 mL) Lactancia milk
- cups (500 mL) Arborio, or Italian-style rice
- cups (1 L) chicken stalk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced chicken, cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- sundried tomato pieces, cut into slivers
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Bring chicken stock and butter to a boil, and put in rice. Stir and then, reduce heat to low, place lid on top of pot, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes until rice is cooked. Remove from heat.
- While rice is cooking, prepare Cracker Barrel® 4 Cheese Italiano Cheese Sauce and set aside, keeping it warm.
- Add diced chicken, peas, sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs and half of the Cracker Barrel® 4 Cheese Italiano Cheese Sauce to rice. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve into 4-6 bowls and top with the remaining sauce.