Chicken and Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps with creamy Alfredo sauce
With the addition of Cracker Barrel® Creamy Alfredo Cheese Sauce, these meaty and savoury mushroom caps make a great appetizer or meal served on their own or with zucchini noodles.
- 1 package Cracker Barrel® Creamy Alfredo Cheese Sauce – prepared as per package directions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lactancia (salted or unsalted butter)
- 1 2/3 cup (410 mL) Lactancia milk
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and diced and reserved
- ¼ tsp (60 mL) sea salt
- ¼ tsp (60 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ cup (125 mL) cooked chicken, diced
- ½ cup (125 mL) chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh herbs of choice, oregano, parsley, rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F (200° C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place mushroom caps stem-side down. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place into oven for 10-15 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- While mushrooms are roasting, prepare Cracker Barrel® Creamy Alfredo Cheese Sauce as per package instructions and set aside, keeping it warm.
- Prepare mushroom stuffing. Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken, chorizo sausage, diced mushroom stems, spinach and fresh herbs and sauté for another 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- When mushroom caps are tender, remove from oven and divide stuffing mixture between the 4 mushroom caps. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place back into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, plate, and ladle with a generous amount of Cracker Barrel® Creamy Alfredo Cheese Sauce and serve with spaghetti noodles.