Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Zucchini with creamy Alfredo sauce
Impressive yet so easy to make! Make it for guests, or serve it as a weekday favourite. Our Cracker Barrel® Creamy Alfredo Cheese Sauce pairs perfectly with this dish, and is the perfect way to elevate any meal!
- 1 package Cracker Barrel® Creamy Alfredo Cheese Sauce – prepared as per package directions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lactancia (salted or unsalted butter)
- 1 2/3 cup (410 mL) Lactancia milk
- Crispy Parmesan Crumb Coating:
- 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, pounded to even thickness
- ½ cup (125 mL) flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- ½ cup (125 mL) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) paprika
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) sea salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125 mL) Lactancia milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 zucchini, cut into long diagonal chunks
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness and set aside. Mix together dry ingredients and set aside. Mix together egg and milk and set aside.
- To prepare chicken, dip each of the chicken breasts into the egg and milk mixture, and then roll into the crispy parmesan crumb coating until fully coated. Place onto a sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray. Place oil, minced garlic, peppers and zucchini into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Place onto the same sheet pan as the chicken, and put into the oven. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- While chicken and vegetables are cooking, prepare Cracker Barrel® Creamy Alfredo Cheese Sauce and set aside, keeping warm.
- When chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°, remove from oven. Plate chicken and vegetables and ladle on Cracker Barrel® Creamy Alfredo Cheese Sauce and serve.