- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Cracker Barrel Old White Cheddar Cheese Block, divided
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (each 10-inch/25 cm square), thawed
- 8 oz (250 g) crabmeat
- 2 jars (170 g each) artichokes, drained well and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). On lightly floured work surface, cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 squares. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Stir together crabmeat, artichokes, chives, mustard, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper; stir in half of the cheese.
- Score 1 inch (2.5 cm) border on all sides of pastry squares with sharp knife. Prick pastry all over with fork. Sprinkle remaining cheese inside scored lines. Spoon filling over cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and crisp. Let cool on rack for 5 minutes.
Substitute fresh tarragon for chives if desired.
Use canned or lump crabmeat, drained well.