Grilled Chicken, Ham and Marble Cheese Pockets
Fire up the grill for these cheesy chicken pockets – they’re perfect for busy back-to-school weeknights. Enjoy them for dinner or keep leftovers for lunch.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- 8 asparagus spears, halved
- 8 slices Cracker Barrel Marble Cheese Slices
- 4 slices thinly sliced ham
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well.
- SLICE pockets into chicken breasts, cutting horizontally and leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border all around. Spread mustard inside each pocket.
- STUFF each piece of chicken with asparagus, cheese slices, ham and red pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- GRILL chicken pockets, covered, turning occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
Check doneness of chicken by inserting instant-read thermometer into thickest part of the chicken. Internal temperature should read 165°F (73°C).