Topped with rich egg yolks, savoury Cracker Barrel Herb & Garlic Cheese Slices and earthy mushrooms, this quick and easy flatbread makes an excellent main dish for brunch.
- 8 slices Cracker Barrel Herb & Garlic Cheese Slices
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 8 oz (250 g) sliced assorted mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 oz (125 g) baby spinach
- 1 pkg (400 g) flatbreads (2 per pkg)
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in onion, garlic and thyme; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Stir in spinach; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Let cool slightly.
- Brush remaining oil over each flatbread. Transfer to parchment paper–lined tray. Top with cheese slices, mushroom mixture and egg yolks.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted but egg yolks are still slightly runny. Sprinkle with green onions.
Alternatively, substitute prepared pizza crusts for flatbreads.