- 4 slices Cracker Barrel Swiss Slices
- 1 1/4 lb (550 g) lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 burger buns
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- 8 oz (250 g) shaved cooked ham
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) raspberry preserves
- Mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 portions; shape into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties. Stir together mayonnaise, mustard and chives; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat; grease grate well. Grill burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until well marked and internal temperature reaches 160˚F (71˚C). Top each burger with cheese slice; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Assemble burgers in buns with Dijonnaise, arugula, shaved ham and preserves.
Alternatively, use prepared burger patties; cook according to package directions.
For a smaller portion, freeze unused patties between parchment paper in a zip-lock bag to use another day. (Scale back remaining burger garnishes accordingly.)