Pumpkin and Walnut Layered Cheese
Dotted with cranberries and walnuts, this old fashioned-layered cheese makes an eye-catching snack or appetizer.
- 8 slices Cracker Barrel Old White Slices
- 8 oz (250 g) brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 8 oz (250 g) assorted crackers
- Beat together cream cheese, pumpkin purée and cinnamon.
- Place 1 large piece plastic wrap on cutting board. Place 1 cheese slice in centre of plastic wrap. Spread heaping 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream cheese mixture to edges of cheese slice. Sprinkle evenly with heaping tablespoonful of walnuts and cranberries. Repeat layering 6 more times, pressing down lightly after each layer. Cap with remaining cheese slice. Wrap layered cheese stack tightly with plastic wrap and seal. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap cheese from plastic wrap. Trim edges with sharp knife. Cut stack in half vertically, then cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) slices.
- Arrange layered cheese slices on platter; serve with crackers.
Substitute almonds and dried apricots for walnuts and cranberries if desired.