Roasted Fruit and Cheese Dessert Plate
Some call this a cheese board, we call it a mic drop. This dessert cheese plate is the perfect finish to any meal.
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 plums, pitted and quartered
- 2 cups (500 mL) green and red seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, diced
- 8 oz (250 g) Cracker Barrel Block (Extra Old or Old)
- 12 dried fruit, nut and seed crackers
- 8 store-bought gingerbread cookies
- 8 store-bought shortbread cookies
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) apple butter
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Toss together pears, plums, grapes, brown sugar, honey, vinegar, vanilla and cinnamon. Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish. Dot with butter; bake, stirring twice, for 30 to 40 minutes or until fruit is tender and juices are bubbly. Let stand for at least 10 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Cut cheese into wedges or cubes. On 4 serving plates or large platter or board, arrange roasted fruit, cheese, crackers, gingerbread cookies, shortbread cookies, hazelnuts and apple butter.
Change up the fruit depending on what’s in season: peaches, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, apples, cherries, figs and mangoes are all delicious.