Spicy Tuna Bagel Melts
Broiled with our Cracker Barrel Monterey Jack with Jalapeño Pepper Slices, this spicy tuna melt makes a simple and satisfying lunch or snack.
- 1 can (170 g) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 sesame seed bagels, split and toasted
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter, softened
- 4 slices (220 g) Cracker Barrel Monterey Jack with Jalapeño Pepper Slices
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler. Stir together tuna, mayonnaise, celery, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Spread bagel halves with butter. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Top each bagel half with tuna mixture, cheese slice and jalapeño slices. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Use your favourite hot sauce – Buffalo wing sauce, sriracha hot sauce or cayenne pepper sauce all work well in this recipe.
Substitute English muffins for bagels if preferred.