Dad’s Pulled Pork Sandwich
Celebrate Dad with this cheesy, smoky, pulled pork grilled cheese. This delicious meal is perfect for a Father’s Day brunch, lunch or dinner. Use homemade or store-bought pulled pork.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 8 slices sourdough bread, 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices
- 8 slices Cracker Barrel Havarti Cheese Slices
- 2 cups (500 mL) smoky pulled pork, warmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pickled onions
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- SPREAD butter over one side of each slice of bread.
- DIVIDE half of the cheese evenly over unbuttered side of half of the bread. Top with pulled pork, pickled onion and jalapeño; top with remaining cheese slices. Cap with remaining slices of bread, with buttered sides on the outside.
- HEAT oil in large skillet set over medium heat. Cook sandwiches in two batches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden and cheese is melted.
Prepare your own quick-pickled onions or look for store-bought in the deli section of the grocery store.