Habanero Monterey Jack Grilled Cheese
Crispy and gooey grilled cheese at it’s best! Cracker Barrel® Habanero Monterey Jack Slices with crispy bacon slices, contrasted by a thin layer of sweet and juicy apple slices. A perfect quick lunch or midnight snack for two!
- 4 slices Cracker Barrel® Habanero Monterey Jack Slices
- 4 slices artisanal multigrain bread
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) pesto mayo
- crudites of choice
- Cook bacon in a skillet on medium heat until crispy. Set aside.
- Butter one side of all slices of bread and set aside.
- To make one grilled sandwich: heat a skillet to medium-low heat and place one slice of bread, butter side down onto skillet, and add one slice of Cracker Barrel® Habanero Monterey Jack Cheese on top. Add a layer of thinly cut apples on the cheese, then 2 slices of bacon on top of the apples. Top apples with one more slice of Cracker Barrel® Habanero Monterey Jack Cheese, then with one slice of buttered bread, with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Grill each side until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 – 5 for remaining sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy with crudities and pesto mayo.
Serve with crudities and pesto mayo.