- 8 slices Cracker Barrel® Medium Natural Slices
- 12 slices bread of choice, toasted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- 8 leaves leaf lettuce
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 lb (2.2 kg) turkey, ground
- ½ cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, onions, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt and pepper. After mixing well, divide burger mixture into 4 even portions and form by hand into round, flat patties.
- Cook turkey burgers on a barbeque or on a skillet with oil on medium-high heat until the internal temperature of the turkey has reached 165°F (74° C) and the exterior is golden brown on both sides (approximately 4-6 minutes per side).
- Cook bacon until crispy, and set aside.
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves, slice tomatoes and set aside.
- Toast bread and set aside.
- To assemble the Triple Decker Turkey Burger Club: Spread mayonnaise on a piece of toast and top with one leaf of lettuce, 1 slice of bacon, one slice of tomato and one slice of Cracker Barrel® Medium Natural Slices. Add a second slice of bread and spread mayonnaise on top. Add the other leaf of lettuce, and top with the turkey burger. Top the turkey burger with another slice of Cracker Barrel® Medium Natural Slices, another slice of bacon, followed by a slice of tomato. Spread mayonnaise on the next slice of bread, and place bread, mayonnaise-side down, on top of turkey club.
- Follow step 6 for additional turkey burger clubs.
Serve with a garden salad and mayo on the side.